Claude Werner, Chief Instructor of Firearms Safety Training LLC, is offering a Concealed Carry Skills course on the evening of Monday, September 30, 2013. The class will take place at Sandy Springs Gun Club from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Tuition is $130.00 per student.
A list of required equipment and supplies, much of which may be purchased or rented at the Club, follows. Note the instructor’s extensive experience and certifications. Class size is limited to 11 students — do not delay registration! Commit to getting trained up today.
To register, call the Club [770.394.4867] or drop by and ask to register for the Concealed Carry Skills class. The Club’s street address is 8040 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, GA 30350.
Details from http://www.supersaas.com/schedule/SSGC_Training/Classes:
Concealed Carry Skills
Sandy Springs Gun Club and Range
Concealed Carry Skills
Learn the skills you need to safely and effectively carry a concealed firearm.
Skills to be taught include:
• Drawing from a holster safely and effectively
• Engage targets quickly and accurately
• Reloading using an ammunition/magazine pouch
• Concealment garment techniques
• Effective practice procedures
Equipment requirements: (rentals available)
• Serviceable concealable pistol, of any caliber, with 1 spare magazine. Revolvers require 1 speedloader.
• Holster that covers the trigger guard
• Magazine pouch or other ammunition carrier (speedloader, etc.)
• Eye and ear protection
Ammunition requirement: 70 rounds (available for purchase)
Class Size: Limited to 11 students
Certification: NRA Defensive Pistol I. This satisfies the training requirement to obtain a State of Florida Non-Resident Concealed Weapons Permit. The Florida CWP adds 7 additional states to Reciprocity for a Georgia Licensee. (The instructor has also queried the AZ DPS to see if it will meet their requirement but has not received an answer yet.)
Taught by Claude Werner, Chief Instructor of Firearms Safety Training LLC
• Retired US Army Special Forces Officer
• NRA Certified Instructor in Personal Protection, Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim; and qualified as Distinguished Expert – Handgun
• International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Safety Officer Instructor
• Four Division IDPA Master Class Shooter.
Conditions: This class focuses on physical skills and does not address legal or tactical aspects of concealed carry.