"Farmweek" is an agricultural news show devoted to presenting a variety of educational information to the public. The show airs on Mississipi State Univeristy's Mississippi Public Broadcasting Televison, Central Time and can be viewed in Mississippi and border areas of surrounding states (see below).
The Sept. 6 show shared and discussed topics in the areas of the corn market, bean crops, the wheat export market and honeybee production. They also stated that the pre-report estimates are way off on the cattle feed report. In addition, "Farmweek" also has their Southern Gardening tip on Collections in the Landscape.
Here is the show's weekly trivia question.
"What is the per capita consumption of farm-raised catfish in the U.S. (in pounds).? A. .56 B. 2.2 C. 6.4 D. 15"
Markets for September 6
- Corn market, a poker game
- Allendale - bean crop smaller
- Wheat export market good
- Pre-report estimates way off for Cattle of Feed Report
Schedule of Events and Time Listings
- Farmweek Calendar of Events
- Calendar of Public Events - Mississippi State University Extension Service
- Mississippi Public Broadcasting Television
- September 7 - Saturday 6:30 p.m.
- September 9 - Monday - 6 a.m.
- RFD-TV (satellite and cable network) (DIRECTV, Channel 345 or DISH, Channel 231)
- September 6 - Friday - 5 p.m.
- September 7 - Saturday - 3 a.m.
"The answer to the trivia question is A., .56 pounds. That is the per capita consumption of farm-raised catfish in the U.S."
For more details on any and all the above go to the show's links or view "Farmweek" video of September 6 show. Contact information, past stories and additional links can be found at Links Seen on Farmweek.