- Martial Arts Event: Copa America Grappling Championships - Saturday, May 19th, 2012
- Martial Arts Style: Copa America Grappling Championships is a Gi and No-Gi Grappling Event
- Event location: Mt Zion High School in Jonesboro (2535 Mt Zion Pkwy, Jonesboro, GA 30238).
- Directions: Click here for directions or see the attached map
- Event Details: For the most up to date information, visit the Copa America Website
- Registration: Click here to register
- Cost: $50 (children), $60 (adults) in advance; $60 (children), $70 (adults) day of the event; $10 extra for absolute division entry
- Spectators fee: $5
Weigh-ins start at 9 AM. Event starts at 10 AM.
Depending on your skill level, there are specific rules. Click here for the rules of this event.
New to martial arts tournaments?
- First thing you will do is check-in to register or confirm registration.
- Weigh in (you can weigh-in at any time before your first match)
- Visit your designated ring to gauge when your first match will be
- Match Time – Good luck!
What to expect:
- if you arrive early for weigh-ins on the same day, expect to be there for 2 to 5 hours
- Be prepared to go to your designated ring when called immediately (but be prepared to wait there until your match for up to 30 minutes)
- Be prepared to compete in consecutive matches as you may have only one to five minutes in between each
What you need to bring:
- Cup (groin protector)
- shorts with a drawstring (no pockets allowed) AND/OR GI (no rips and properly fitting)
We recommend bringing:
- Bottled Water
- Spare grappling shorts in case of rips
- Food (bananas, apples, granola bars)
All information courtesy of the Copa America website