Get your chef's hat out because we're going to look at ten superstitions that deal with cooking. Like everything even the activity of baking bread or baking a cake has some weird superstition about it. If you're curious on what those exactly are, you're reading the right article!
Let's begin with the list:
- To make good bread, stir the mixture in the sun.
- To make a cake light, always stir the same way.
- One of the most famous ones is if you keep watching a pot, it will never boil.
- Bread baked on Ascension Day, will never become moldy.
- Vegetables cultivated during ones baking day, will mildew.
- Here's a dark one, if the crust separates from the loaf of the bread, that means that the baker is in the bread.
- When boiling apple-butter, put a copper cent into the kettle to prevent it from scorching.
- Putting too much salt into the food when cooking, is suppose to mean that the cook is in love.
- A piece of meat that shrinks while cooking, means that it's a preview of the hardships that will happy to the family.
- A pan of potatoes that boil dry, is an omen of rain.
So those are ten classic cooking superstitions from baking bread to cooking a piece of meat. Feel free to share some of your own cooking superstitions.
Current Superstitions: Collected from the Oral Tradition of English Speaking Folk