There is one menu item that I knew would appear at least once on every camping trip I ever took, whether as a child or as an adult: S’mores. All anyone has to do is mention camping and I can taste the sinfully delicious mixture of chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers.
The August edition of Farm Fresh’s Fresh ideas has a recipe for S’more cupcakes that promises to be every bit as luscious as those campfire delights. Make them with your kids – and enjoy!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 ¼ General Mills Golden Grahams Cereal, crushed
- ¾ cup Essential Everyday Baking Cocoa
- ½ cup Essential Everyday Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Essential Everyday Butter, divided
- 6 large Essential Everyday Marshmallows, cut in half
- ½ cup Essential Everyday Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Divide batter into 2 medium bowls.
- Stir ¾ cup crushed cereal into one bowl and cocoa powder into the other.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup crushed cereal with brown sugar.
- Melt ¼ cup butter; pour over cereal and stir until combined.
- Divide cereal cake batter am0ng 1 (12 count) greased or paper lined muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with half the cereal mixture.
- Top with marshmallow halves and chocolate cake batter (pan will be filled to top)).
- Sprinkle with remaining cereal mixture.
- Bake 20 – 24 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack over wax paper; cool completely.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining ½ cup butter and cream.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Add chocolate; stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate over cupcakes; let stand until chocolate is set.