While cooking with your children, you have the opportunity to not only share quality time with them, but to also clear up some of life’s greatest mysteries.
One such mystery is the great chicken versus the egg debate. According to National Geographic, scientists have finally settled the old dispute over which came first – the chicken or the egg. These scientists say that reptiles were laying eggs thousands of years before chickens appeared and the first chicken came from an egg laid by a bird that was not quite a chicken, Thus, there can be no doubt, the egg came first.
Share this story with your kids as you make these hometown deviled eggs.
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Take yolks and mash with fork in bowl.
- Add relish, mayonnaise and mustard to yolks. Mix well.
- Place yolk mixture back into egg white halves. (Yields 12)
Tip: Add paprika over deviled eggs to add color, if desired.