When cooking with your kids or grandkids, it is likely there will be times they will have a special request, either for a recipe you’ve made before or for a dessert they may have seen advertised in a magazine that looked especially delicious.
Such is the case for this recipe for easy pudding cookies that my granddaughter and I recently saw in a magazine while we were waiting in doctor’s office together. I promised her I would try to find the recipe so we could make these together one day. Why not make them with your favorite kids as you share some magic moments together?
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S White Chocolate (6 oz.), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add dry pudding mix; beat until well blended.
- Add eggs and baking soda; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Drop Tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake10 to 12 min. or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
Kitchen Tips from Kraft
- These cookies are great for gift-giving and sharing on a special occasion.
- Added extra - add 1 cup dried cranberries with the chocolate.
- Variations: Prepare using other flavor combinations of JELL-O Instant Pudding and stir-ins, such as Pistachio Pudding with dried cherries, Lemon Pudding with chopped PLANTERS Pecans, and Vanilla Pudding with chopped BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate.