Children are more likely to eat healthy foods if they get to be involved in the process of making it. Allowing them to taste the ingredients separately before they are mixed together can help them develop their palette.
You may not want to stress how healthy this recipe for confetti tuna in celery sticks is as that could cause your kids to automatically not like it. Instead, focus on the fun your family can have making them.
- 1 (3 ounce) pouch of STARKIST® Premium Albacore or Chunk Light Tuna
- ½ cup shredded or green cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup shredded yellow squash or zucchini
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-calorie cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10-12 (4 inch) celery sticks, with leaves, if desired
- In small bowl, toss together tuna, cabbage, carrot and squash
- Stir in cream cheese, yogurt and basil
- Add salt and pepper, to taste
- With small spatula, spread mixture evenly into celery sticks