Here is a long-awaited installment in the “Cooking With Friends" series. Today, Jerry Ivey shares a perfect autumn recipe for hearty sweet potato spinach muffins made with a muffin mix for quick and easy fall treats. Jerry adds the most unusual combination of ingredients for a beautiful and flavorful muffin. As you can see in the photo, Jerry serves hers up on her very unique goat dishes.
You should know that everything about Jerry Ivey is unique. She describes herself as "quirky," but she is so much more than that. One of the most interesting people you will ever meet, do not let her often happy-go-lucky, carefree demeanor fool you.
Jerry is very intelligent and knowledgeable on many different topics. In the past, her career has included healthcare, teaching, public relations, writing, and more. Now retired, she says she is busy deciding what she wants to be when she grows up!
- 1 packet sweet potato muffin mix (Jeri used Marie Callenders).
- 1 pkg. spinach, steamed and drained
- 3/4 cup half and half or milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 stick melted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon ground cayenne pepper (Jerry suggests that most people might want to use 1 Teaspoon, but she likes the “bite.”)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients
- Scoop batter into 12 greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min.
You can also follow @BarbieCrafts on Twitter