Try this tip for cooking pasta. Put your skepticism away and get ready to be amazed.
1) Take a pot, saucepan, or skillet and fill it up with water.
2) Bring water to a boil. Salt the water.
3) Drop the pasta in the water and stir.
4) Cover the pot/pan/etc.
5) Turn the heat OFF. Yes, that's right. Turn the heat OFF.
6) "Cook" according to package directions or until pasta reaches the
texture and tenderness you like.
This technique really does work. Give it a try. You won't necessarily save on time, but you will save some gas and electricity.