Are you still looking for a cute, super quick and easy heart craft for Valentine’s Day? Well, look no more. This cookie cutter craft is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and is perfect for kids, but also allows you to do a little more elegant cards or crafts, thanks to the clean lines of the cookie cutter.
What you need:
- Heart shaped cookie cutter – use different sizes to mix it up a bit
- Paint – stick with red, pink and purple for the love theme
- Tray – you can substitute this with a paper plate or a piece of aluminum foil
- Paper or cardstock
- Squeeze some paint on your tray, plate or aluminum foil.
- Dip your cookie cutter into the paint. Don’t move it around too much, that way your edges won’t get too much paint on them.
- Stamp your cookie cutter on to a sheet of paper or cardstock.
To turn this into a more elegant craft, use a different kind of paper or cardstock, maybe something with a nice texture to it. Try using different paints as well, to give it a more grown up look. How about a dark red and some gold? Maybe on a dark blue sheet of paper to make it pop?
Be sure to stamp quickly and don’t move the cookie cutter around on the paper. That way you make will get nice clean edges and avoid smudges.
To personalize this craft a little more you can fill the hearts with words or messages like “Be Mine”, “Love”, and “I <3 U”.