The cook position that is open is in a restaurant in Rockford, IL. The purpose of the job is to serve meals by reviewing recipes, assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients, maintaining equipment, inventory and a sanitary kitchen.
- Plans meals by analyzing recipes, retrieving and ordering ingredients.
- Prepares ingredients by following recipes, slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping and mixing ingredients, adding seasoning, and verifying taste.
- Completes meal preparation by grilling, sauteing, roasting, frying, and broiling ingredients, verifying doneness and taste, assembling and refrigerating cold ingredients.
- Presents meals by placing and arranging hot and cold elements using plates, dishes, bowls, and baskets.
- Controls costs by adhering to recipes, following preparation standards.
- Maintains a sanitary kitchen by adhering to state and local sanitation, storage, and refrigeration requirements and codes, and cleaning equipment.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive and cleaning maintenance, calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership fior accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Verbal Communications, Client Relationships, Energy Level, Dependability, Productivity, Customer Service, Attendance, Confidentiality, Emotional Control, Flexibility, and Handles Pressure.
Please apply in person at:
Denny's - 7375 E, State Street, Rockford, IL