Many of us have heard about the connected car; its ability to stream music from our mobile devices; provide danger alerts; and navigate us away from traffic jams, to name a few; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxOTZCqyVGk). But have you seen the motorcycle that’s a car? ‘It’s called, ‘C1;’ goes 0-60 mph (0-100 kph) in <6 seconds, has a range of 200 miles (320 km) per charge, and can include a passenger. (http://litmotors.com/). Then perhaps, one might also appreciate the LG G Flex, a curved smartphone, (http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/gflex/index.jsp); or the OhMiBod iOS Controlled Vibrator (http://www.ohmibod.com/), making their splash, at 2014 CES. Yet, clearly capturing much of the headlines were the wearables, inclusive of smartwatches and those centered on today’s trends of fitness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSCovS9dOWE). There was even a real-time baby monitor, MIMO (http://mimobaby.com/).
While this is all wonderful stuff, innovation can have two sides; reminding us was a recent series of CSPAN programs, covering cybersecurity issues: http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Cyberwar; and internet privacy issues: http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/InternetPrivacy.
Nonetheless, our desires, as purchasers, are yielding a lot of the products listed below:
- From the introduction of OnStar 4G LTE and Chevrolet AppShop to …, there's a lot to look forward to this year from GM, according to fastlane.gm.com/event/CES2014;
- SNAKEBYTE VYPER, NEW 3-IN-1 ANDROID TABLET, SMART TV, AND GAME SYSTEM TO LAUNCH JANUARY 31 IN NORTH AMERICA; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teRydPT_duE
- Sennheiser unveils two new high-end PC gaming headsets – G4ME™ ZERO and G4ME™ ONE;
- LensPen a revolution on cleaning fingerprints on high quality camera lenses; (www.lenspen.com)
- iLuv Creative Technology, introduced its newest addition of speakers, the SyrenPro™;
- The Parrot Minidrone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LZgTgI0REk;
- The world's first universal magnetic connector by Nano Magnetics; https://brandfolder.com/nanoport;
- New cases for the iPhone, iPad Air, iPad Mini and Samsung Galaxy S4; http://www.ihomecases.com/;
- New products: Portable Headphone Amplifier, & Hybrid Int. Amp. & Preamp w. Bluetooth/USB DAC; www.dared.com.hk;
- Ortery Technologies, Inc. - 3D MFP Office Photography Machine.
- QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment - navigation and speech recognition technologies in cars.
- Portable audio device having a headphone and a boombox, with speakers on the inside and the outside. www.boomphones.com;
- The first and only cell phone charger that sanitizes your phone; https://www.phonesoap.com/
- Absolute Technology’s latest product LINKASE PRO; www.absolute.com.tw;
- Xi3 Corporation featuring Xi3® Modular™ Computers and PISTON™ Console gaming;
- OnScreen Cloud Technology by Bimand;
- The home.singingmachine.com turns a party-starting karaoke machine;
- Eye Control Systems and Automated Valet Parking, http://www.valeo.com/;
- Luci® Aura, MPOWERD’s Color Changing Solar Lantern; www.mpowerd.com;
- Amped Wireless launches PCI20E High Power AC1200 Wi-Fi PCI-E Adapter; www.ampedwireless.com/;
- LYNKtec Launches TruGlide Apex Fine Point Electronic Stylus; www.lynktec.com;
- Keep Your Phone Charged All Day with Duracell Powermat; http://www.powermat.com/;
- The CITE 2014 Largest Asian Consumer Electronics and IT Show; http://eng.citexpo.org/
- Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA Array; www.sansdigital.com;
- The fifth-annual Smart Energy Summit, hosted by international research firm Parks Associates, will take place February 17-19, 2014, at the Four Seasons in Austin, TX. http://www.parksassociates.com/events/smart-energy-summit.
- NetRange, in an ‘APP’ deal with Legends Football League Global (LFL Global); the app, created and distributed for the League, will be available in 95 countries upon release. http://netrange.com/; http://www.lfl360.com/.