The folks at Twitchy were able to get their hashtag, #LiberalBandNames trending on Thursday afternoon.
It didn't take long for the tweets to start rolling in, with Twitter users posting creative names for liberal bands including "Trilliondollarcoinback", "Men Not At Work," and "Bruce Springsteen & The Occupy Wall Street Band."
Finding and posting the top tweets in the political world is something Twitchy is known for. Founded by conservative Michelle Malkin, today's liberal band naming hashtag brought out plenty of anti-liberal sarcasm, both on Twitter and in the comments on the Twitchy website.
Here are some of the tops liberal band names tweeted today:
- "The Red, Black, White, Brown, and Yellow Hot Chili Peppers #LiberalBandNames" @CocaKollar
- "#LiberalBandNames Trilliondollarcoinback" @iowahawkblog
- "#liberalbandnames Quran Quran" @BellaPelosi
- "65,367,939 Maniacs #LiberalBandNames (That's how many people voted for Obama)" @voteforcantwell
- "#LiberalBandNames Men Not At Work" @KevinCerino
- "#LiberalBandNames Earth, Wind, Fire & Global Warming" @StenoJenny
Comments on the Twitchy site were just as entertaining as the tweets:
- Rob Peter to pay Paul and Mary - sleazyrider
- Living in a Spending Wonderland - madhatter
- Talking Heads for Obama - NachoCheese
- System of a Downward spiral - Rockermom
- #LiberalBandName: Barry and the Waste Makers - Jack Deth
If you are a conservative, what would you name your liberal band?
On the flip side, if you are a liberal, it would only be fair if you started a conservative band list. Leave your suggestions in the comments below.