Have you ever heard the saying; You can take a girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl. Carrie Bradshaw might be a fictional character of the HBO sitcom Sex and the City based on a newspaper columnist and fashionista in New York City, but this New York bride fairy tale story is nothing but real.
Last weekend Connecticut Celebrity Makeup Artist and Beauty Expert Brandy Gomez-Duplessis traveled to the Rocky Mount, North Carolina to bring her glamxurious makeup style to her bride. It was such an amazing experience for her. Brandy met her fancy bride at Donna Karan Showroom while there doing makeup during market week and video look book photo shoot.
Readers always enjoy reading beauty tips from highly sought after makeup artist Brandy- Gomez Duplessis, and I am always excited for her to share her experience following her events. I chatted with Brandy to see see if there is a difference when doing makeup on brides outside of the Tri-state area. See what great tips she gave me about bridal season.
1. How do brides outside of Connecticut & New York find you? Brides outside of the Tri-state area usually find me through word of mouth or on the internet. Brides are great detectives, when it comes to their wedding and beauty they do extensive research. I love it!
2. So let's talk about this bride you just worked with recently, how did you meet? I met Jennifer when I was at Donna Karan's showroom doing makeup. She liked the work I was doing on the models during market week.
3. Do you usually offer a bridal consultation? Usually I do offer a consultation to my brides but not all brides request one. They see my work on my website, TV shows, videos, etc so they trust me. Jennifer she was accustomed to my work plus I recently worked with her on her bridal pictures at Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York.
4. How do you go about selecting makeup for your bride, or do you allow the bride to choose her look? With Jennifer I knew she wanted glamxurious makeup. That's my signature style of makeup. She loves bling and she loves pink. Her wedding was at a plantation call Rose Hill in North Carolina so that meant she would be spending time indoors & outdoors. I knew she needed products that would last all day.
5. What type of long wearing makeup did you use on her? Whenever I do weddings that will be held outdoors, I always bring with me Stila cosmetics. I love their Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer. They also have a Stay All Day Liquid Liner. On her lashes I used L'OREAL Paris Waterproof Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black before adding Nicka K NY Human Hair lashes. I set the foundation with Urban Decay setting spray to help with a flawless finish.
6. Share with us a little known makeup tip that brides can use on their wedding day. This is one of my beauty secrets that I have used for years on brides especially for outdoor weddings during the summer. I like to use Almay clear unscented deodorant as a primer to keep any meltdowns from happening.
7. I know every wedding is special; what was special about this bride? There were so many amazing things about Jennifer, where do I start. Jennifer is everything Carrie Bradshaw was in Sex And The City. She even had 3 pairs of fabulous shoes from Louboutins & Valentino. I loved how she was creative with having a pink fountain. It was fun to watch the plantation pour & mix the perfect shade of pink she requested. I've done numerous weddings that was my first...a pink fountain. I luved how they were sent off with wedding sparklers.
8. What are your must have makeup items that you like to keep on hand for brides on their wedding day? I must have my Tweezerman slanted tweezers to fix any last minute brows. I'm obsessed with Nicka K NY Crystal Shine lipgloss. They give the lips a fantastic high shimmer shine. For that beautiful glow I like Scott Barnes Crème Colors. But if you can't find those, Benefit Cosmetics High Beams are always in reach for me and Dolce & Gabbana The Illuminator Glow Powder is also just as fantastic. So that I don't have any fall out challenges, I like using Shadow Shields when I'm applying eyeshadow. Bronzers are always a girls best friend, I'm flirting with Giorgio Armani Maestro Liquid Summer in 100 right now.
Brandy thanks for chatting with us and sharing your bridal secrets with us. I know you are getting ready to head back out of town on tomorrow. I look forward to you sharing some of your next events with us.
If you would like to follow Brandy Gomez-Duplessis on Twitter and Instagram: @bgdmakeupartist