The legal pressures of conducting an interview is higher now than at any time in the past. Penalties for errors can run in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Michigan’s courthouses are filed with cases being brought against employers by attorneys that only charge their clients if they win.
Conducting the Lawful Employment Interview: How to Avoid Charges of Discrimination When Interviewing Job Candidates by Alan Koral is a concise, practical, immediately applicable book on how to avoid charges of discrimination when interviewing job candidates. It uses plain English to provide definitions of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and orders and guidance about state common-law concerns.
Not only is the book preventative, it has analyses of all kinds of discrimination charges and how to defend against each one. It contains the eighteen most commonly asked questions, along with uncommonly clear answers, about EEO laws and the interviewer. Includes eight illustrative cases.
Other articles and white papers of interest:
- Additional job search tips– home page for several articles
- Grow your resume– educational, certification, and other ways to enhance your resume
- Job search myths– a series separating myths from reality for job seekers.
- Management styles- three types.
- Corporate structures- from entrepreneur to conglomerate.
Top advice during your job search
- How to Find a Job: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions.
- Your Social Media Job Search: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!