It is easy for career minded people to concentrate on the mechanics of their job as it relates to their personal responsibilities at work. The most successful of people have discovered their attention is best spent on personal growth as it relates to their core competency.
Simply put, this means one should focus on how they can add value to their organization and to their team by improving their personal abilities.
Here are three ways for one to do so:
Consume literature to know trends. Identify the nature of your career and continually investigate the latest developments within that career path.
Hear the hidden message of your customers. Customer seldom speak with their mouths. Instead they will speak with their wallets and with their body language. Learn how to read these messages.
Integrate yourself into upper management meetings. There is no truer statement than “it is not what you know, it is who you know”. When upper management sees your value to the organization your career path is made easier.
To read more about any of these challenges click on the bold link above. This includes excerpts from “How to build a successful career”. Copyrighted by getmaximpact.com and used with permission.
- Michigan Works support centers offers job transition support.
- Lesson in interviewing, a tip of what you should not say to recruiters.
- How to write a killer resume.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect - The official website for job hunters seeking new careers and employers looking to post jobs and hire employees in Michigan.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency - Manages unemployment taxes and insurance. Learn key job seeking information.
- Veterans Employment Services, information regarding Michigan jobs, careers and employment assistance for Veterans.
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Works with individuals with disabilities to prepare for and obtain employment.
- “How to Find a Job When There Are No Jobs”: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- “301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions”.
- “Your Social Media Job Search”: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!
- “101 Weird Ways to Make Money”: Unusual jobs that produce good pay with little competition.