For those who missed the CONAIR STYLE360's semi-annual New York Fashion Week showcase showing Fall/Winter 2013 Collections, here's a post summary. All fashion shows were hosted at The Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W 18th Street, and after-parties were hosted at off-site.
CONAIR unveiled its new collection of “Infiniti Pro by Conair” styling tools at the event, where all of the models' hair was styled with Infiniti Pro by Conair tools! The new collection presents the latest technology of professional quality curling irons, straighteners and hair dryers, that are designed to create luscious curls, silky straight hair or voluminous frizz free blowouts. For those who love fashion and fabulous hair, Infiniti Pro by Conair tools are a must. Conair styled guests' hair prior to each runway show, with its new The Infiniti Pro Auto-Rotating Curling Iron (Model: CD202R), which literally delivers sexy, shiny, soft curls in seconds! It's so easy to use, so even those busy working moms who operate 24/7 can now have gorgeous curls instantly. The curling iron has a bi-directional clamp that adjusts with center, left and right rotation buttons and provides even, kink-free curls. It has a 1-inch tourmaline ceramic barrel, which helps the hair cuticle lie flat for luminous shine and soft, frizz-free, manageable hair. Ceramic technology creates higher, evenly distributed heat that penetrates the hair fast – and adds smoothness in seconds! It also features 400 degrees Fahrenheit high heat with 30-second instant heat option. It's so easy to use, and it delivers salon-quality curls every time!
The product specs are:
- Auto-rotating clamp holds hair and spins around to create the perfect curl
- 1-in. tourmaline ceramic barrel for smooth, shiny, silky curls
- Bi-directional rotation
- No-slip silicone strip for deep shine
- Less damage & zero hot spots
- 400°F high heat
- 30-second heat up
Below is a post-summary of the fashion shows:
Monday, February 11th
- 8:30 PM: YARNZ Fashion Presentation and Launch Party at Haven Rooftop at the Sanctuary Hotel (132 W 47th street, NYC) hosted by Carmen Electra. Also present were Angela Simmons (MTV’s Run’s House), Prince Amukamara (NY Giants), Carla Facciolo (Mob Wives), Amy Poliakoff (BRAVO’s Gallery Girls), Heidi Dillion (Big Rich Texas), Tanay Jackson (Tito Jackson’s daughter), Early Morning Rebels (band), DJ Posso,Micah Jesse, Sharie Manon (Glam Fairy), Lily Halpern (performer/singer), Wynter Gordon (pop-dance singer/songwriter). Guests piled into the Sanctuary Hotel for CONAIR STYLE360’s opening night on Monday. The evening kicked off at 8:30 PM as stars including Carmen Electra, Wynter Gordon, Micah Jesse, Lily Halpern, and Angela Simmons made their way to the hotel’s rooftop lounge, Haven Rooftop, where they viewed the latest collection from the accessories line, YARNZ, designed by Larry Wolfe. Partygoers sipped cocktails, noshed on hors d’oeuvres to the beats of special DJ performers, Posso.
Tuesday, February 12th
- 11:00 AM: Tumbler and Tipsy by Michael Kuluva Fashion Show with a Special Performance by Interscope Recording Artist, Colette Carr and presented by Infiniti Pro by Conair. Present were Sasha Cohen (figure skater), Johnny Weir (figure skater), Richie Rich, Zombie Boy, Sharie Manon (Glam Fairy), Yasmine Petty (model), Carissa Rosario (international model), Colette Carr (recording artist), Agathe Planchon (Gustto Handbag designer), Nana Meriwether (Miss USA), Early Morning Rebel, Avo Yermagyan (stylist/editor), Jason Christopher Peters (designer). Starting off the day was Tumbler and Tipsy by Michael Kuluva.
The former ice skating pro had support from his fellow skaters including Johnny Weir, who walked the runway and Sasha Cohen who showed her love by giving the designer a standing ovation. A selection of models also showcased the new collection of InfinitiPro by Conair styling tools as they strutted the runway. Check out Tumbler and Tipsy's runway show here.
- 3:00 PM: Ashton Michael Fashion Show was the second show of the day. Present were Early Morning Rebel, Zombie Boy, Rico Love (producer/singer and songwriter), Alex McCord (Former Real Housewife of NY), Sharie Manon (Glam Fairy), Agathe Planchon (Gustto Handbag designer), Chef Roble (Chef Roble & Co.), Jason Christopher Peters (designer), Neon Hitch (singer/songwriter), Eryn Woods.
Ashton Michael's unforgettable fall runway collection mixed cashmere and leather with naughty and nice embellishments. Zombie Boy strolled down the runway showing off the unique ensembles, while Alex McCord, Rico Love, Sharie Manon, and Early Morning Rebel looked on from the front row. Feel free to check out Ashton Michael's runway show here.
- 7:00 PM: Front Row by Shateria Moragne-el Fashion Show concluded the day. Present were Angelina Pivarnick (Former Jersey Shore cast member), Washington Heights Cast, Rick Ross, Rico Love (producer/singer and songwriter), Waka Flocka, Ramona Singer (Real Housewives of NY), Nana Meriwether (Miss USA), Trina (rapper), Elizabeth Vashisht (VH1 Tough Love), Tweet (singer), Chef Roble (Chef Roble & Co.).
Front Row Couture's front row revelers were Rick Ross, Ramona Singer, Waka Flocka, and Trina- were mesmerized by the latest collection that included leather ensembles mixed with sky high Louboutin’s. Fans cheered as the models strutted down the runway in their stilettos.
Wednesday, February 13th
- 10:00 AM: Voz & Maison De LaCour Fashion Show, and present were Lenay Dunn (MTV host), and Early Morning Rebel (band).
The Voz Fall 2013 “eco-friendly” collection included hand-made pieces made of lush natural fibers and dyed naturally for minimal environmental impact. Models strutted down the runway in oversized ponchos, sweaters and tunics, while additionally wrapped up in long and winding scarves with tribal patterns. The Maison de Lacour Fall 2013 collection included eco-friendly pieces mixing plaid wools with silk shirting and safety pin embroidery. Safety pins outlined the the bottom of long flowing gowns, while blazers and shorter dresses included safety pins scattered strategically throughout.
- 2:00 PM: Boy Meets Girl by Stacy Igel presented by Harmon/Kardon with a Live Performance by Epic Records Recording Artist Leah Labelle. Present were Lenay Dunn (MTV Host), Rosario Dawson (actress/singer), Jermaine Dupri (record producer/rapper/songwriter), Leah Labelle (recording artist), Alex McCord (Real Housewives of New York) and husband Simon Van Kempen, Teresa Giudice (Real Housewives of New Jersey) and daughter Gia (who walked in the show), Carla Facciolo (Mob Wives), Baiyu (singer/songwriter/actress), Angelina Pivarnick (former Jersey Shore cast member), Sabrina Mastrangelo (Miss New York), Taimak (actor), Siggy Flicker (matchmaker), Early Morning Rebel (band).
This high-energy, electric show featured not only the popular Boy Meets Girl® Classic Collection but two new collections, Boy Meets Girl® University and Boy Meets Girl® GIRLS. Stacy was also inspired by the sleek and beautiful design of Harman Kardon® headphones and created 4 looks for the collection after the new Harmon/Kardon white headphones and also used the headphones as functional and fashionable accessories. The show’s youth line was highlighted by Gia Giudice strutting down the runway in a pink hoodie and black spandex pants. Midway through the runway show, Leah Labelle took stage to perform as the adult models then continued to circulate around her, showcasing off the array of colors and patterns in her fall collection.
- 6:30 PM: Junk Food Art House and Sony Pictures presents “Le Smurfette” curated by Lois Sakany & Sami Grand-Pierre of HighSnobette.com. Present were Emma Kenney (actress/filmmaker- Shameless), Stefania Owen (actress- Carrie Diaries), Kelly Bensimon (former Real Housewives of New York), Carisso Rosario (international model), Sharie Manon (Glam Fairy).
The “Le Look Smurfette” fashion show included Smurf inspired attire by the Junk Food brand. The theme included color palettes from the Smurf’s with inspirations from the movie’s Paris storyline. The clothes ranged from tops cut in an array of shapes to mod dresses and sharp trousers. Kelly Bensimon, arriving as the show began, stood on the sideline admiring this fantastic collection.
- 8:00 PM-11:00 PM: “Le Look Smurfette” After Party at Rosewood NYC, 5 East 19th Street. Present were Mercedes Javid (Shahs of Sunset), Lenay Dunn (MTV Host), Tenay Jackson (Tito Jackson’s Daughter), Rachel Heller (actress).
The “Le Look Smurfette” After Party concluded fashion week with CONAIR STYLE360 at Rosewood NYC with blue lighting within the interior, blue and white cupcakes, scenes from “The Smurfs” shown on a television and an array of Jarlesberg Cheese. Partygoers danced to today’s latest tunes while celebrating the conclusion of fashion week.
Sponsors: All fashion shows were styled by Conair's professional hair team (www.conair.com) led by celebrity stylist, Ric Pipino. James Vincent was the key makeup artist with the official makeup partners, Kevyn Aucoin Beauty (www.kevynaucoin.com) and AOFM PRO (www.aofmpro). Official sponsors also include Harman/Kardon Headphones (www.harmankardon.com) and Jarlsberg Cheese Lite (www.jarlsbergusa.com), and the New York Post (www.nypost.com). STYLE360 presented by Conair's official hotel partner, is the luxurious Sanctuary Hotel (www.sactuaryhotelnyc.com) and official nightclub sponsor Rosewood (www.rosewoodnyc.com).