Look at this list of taglines. You can probably name every one of the companies that used them.
Just do it
Don't leave home without it
It keeps going and going and going...
The world on time
Betcha can't eat just one
Companies use taglines all the time as part of their marketing campaigns to 'get the word out.'
A tagline is simply a slogan used by a company to help you remember them. Taglines can be very powerful if they are succinct and 'hit the spot.' The goal of a tagline is to convey a complex concept that resonates with your emotions, in just a few words.
A simple way to gauge the effectiveness of a tagline is a) if you remember what product it represents and b) you have a notion of how the product benefits you. If it meets those two criteria the tagline is successful.
Computer and internet companies use taglines a lot. Below are 15 computer/internet related taglines. See how many you remember and how many companies you can connect to their taglines.
The companies in this list are in alphebetical order to help you with some of the harder ones.
- Think different.
- Inspiring innovation - persistent perfection
- The world's networking company
- Empowering the internet generation
- The world's online marketplace
- Don't just travel. Travel right.
- Solutions for a small planet
- Creating value through convergence
- Where do you want to go today?
- Connecting people
- Software powers the internet
- We turn on ideas
- We put the dot in dot-com
- Can you hear me now? Good.
Write a comment at the bottom of this article with your favorite computer company tagline.
Come back tomorrow to see how well you did recognizing these taglines.