Calling the Second Amendment "obsolete," the Communist Party USA announced through its publication that it supports Obama's attempt to limit the right to keep and bear arms, Jim Hoft of the Gateway Pundit reported Thursday.
According to the People's World, the CPUSA mouthpiece, "the ability to live free from the fear or threat of gun violence is a fundamental democratic right" that it says supersedes what it called "any so-called personal gun rights allegedly contained in the Second Amendment."
The article also bemoans the fact that the same people who support the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms are the same people who supported Mitt Romney.
"The Second Amendment is obsolete and now has been twisted to threaten the basic safety and security of all Americans," Rick Nagin wrote.
Nagin also went on to claim that the Second Amendment was only a tool used by "right wing extremists," and blames the NRA for every gun murder in the country.
"Having lost the 2012 election, these forces are now howling for utilizing 'Second Amendment remedies' to get their way," Nagin claimed, without providing any examples or citing any sources. He also falsely claimed that Fox News, the NRA and conservative talk show hosts have "goaded" such talk.
Since the tragic Newtown shootings, liberals have blamed the NRA for the deaths instead of the person who pulled the trigger. Some, like John Cobarruvias, a member of the Texas Democratic Party Executive Committee, have called for NRA members to be killed and many have called for the Second Amendment to be repealed.
"Can we now shoot the #NRA and everyone who defends them?" Cobarruvias tweeted. He deleted the tweet and issued an "apology" but he repeated the sentiment on his Facebook page.
"They need to [be] wiped off the face of the earth," he wrote, speaking of the NRA and those who support owning guns.
"Personally if they were wiped off the planet it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit," he wrote in another comment.
Those comments have since been deleted, but they seem to represent how many in the anti-gun left feel.
Hoft reminded readers that "Stalin was able to control, starve, punish and imprison a defenseless people" after he and the communists took control.
"So," he wrote, "it should come as no surprise that that Communist Party USA would support Barack Obama and his plans to ban assault weapons and place more restrictions on gun owners."
- Philadelphia fifth-grader searched, threatened, called a murderer over paper gun
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein admits: Goal of gun ban is to 'dry up' supply of weapons (Video)
- Six-year-old suspended from school for making finger gun, saying 'pow'
- Five-year-old named terrorist threat, suspended after threat to shoot bubbles
- Thousands gather across nation to celebrate 'Gun Appreciation Day'
- Obama uses videos of children begging for gun control in campaign against NRA
- NRA president blames Obama, media for 'hundreds' of death threats
- NRA more popular than President Obama, media silent
- MSNBC's Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Liberal propaganda: Chris Matthews calls pro-gun conservatives segregationists
- Marco Rubio: Obama doesn’t have the guts to admit he’s anti-Second Amendment
- Obama declares war on NRA, CBS obeys, compares group to Nazis
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
- Ben Shapiro: Piers Morgan a bully standing on the graves of Sandy Hook children
- Crybaby: Piers Morgan claims conservatives targeting him over gun control
- Petition demands FBI investigate Piers Morgan, CNN, for call to ‘pop’ Alex Jones