Most poisons require prompt veterinary care. For some ingested poisons, inducing vomiting may be required. This should NEVER be done without the vet's supervision or care.
Some common prescription drugs are toxic to your pets among them are: Ametraz which is an insecticide. Many common flea and tick collars have this ingredient. Symptoms are vomiting, loose stools and dehydration. Without treatment, coma and death can occur.
Amphetamines, and antidepressants are also toxic. Signs appear within one to two hours. Restlessness, agitation, tremors and seizures are common. These symptoms should be seen by your vet immediately.
Ant traps ingested is a common cause for obstruction being lodged in the stomach or intestines. You can expect some vomiting.
Antifreeze is a big no no. Any ethelyne glycol product is severely toxic with lethal effects. Symptoms are nausea, vomiting, thirst and lethargy which can lead to kidney failure. They might act intoxicated.
Aspirin interferes with platelets and spontaneous bleeding can occur. This bleeding can cause pinpoint bruising, respiratory, and neurological problems.
Bathroom cleaners, bleach and other corrosive chemicals usually affects the tongue and esophagus. Common signs are drooling, pawing and lack of appetite.
Some other known toxins are grapes, raisins, glow jewelry, ibupropen, invermectin, mushrooms and onions.
If you suspect your dog has ingested a poison, call your vet and seek medical attention.