Comicpalooza moves into the George R. Brown Convention Center.
Houston, TX – Startling Events, LLC announces the Comicpalooza Fandom Awards, a series of people’s choice awards for comics, web comics, and web series. Nominations for the Comicpalooza Awards can be made online at
from January 21, 2010 through February 5, 2010 in the following categories:
• Best Celebrity-Created Comic Book
• Best Comic Story of 2009 to Have With You on a Desert Island
• Most Sublime Art of 2009
• Best Comic Book Not Distributed Through Diamond Comics Distributors
• Best Web Comic
• Best New Web Comic
• Best Gamer Comic
• Web Comic You Would Most Like to be a Character in
• Web Comic You Are Least Likely to Admit to Reading
• Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Series
• Best Horror Series
• Best Wannabe Superhero Series
• Most Likely to be Made into a Movie or TV Series
• Most Nerd-Centric
Voting for the Comicpalooza Fandom Awards will take place from February 8, 2010 through March 8, 2010. Only one vote for each category will be accepted from each computer.
Comicpalooza is an annual multi-genre convention held in Houston, Texas, and features comics, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, steampunk, New Media, film, and celebrities. The next Comicpalooza will be held March 26-28, 2010 at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Sponsors for Comicpalooza include the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Houston Museum of Natural Science, the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, the University of Houston Creative Writing Department, the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts, the Southwest Alternate Media Project (SWAMP), and MTGFanatic.com.