This is Los Angeles Times Travel Show's 15th year and they are making sure this is going to be the best and the biggest yet.
This year promises to be more than just an exhibit but an experience. Even without leaving LA, you will already get a glimpse of the treasures that nature has nurtured for thousands of years. You are bound experience adventures that will push you to the edge of ecstasy. This year, Los Angeles Times Travel Show will bring you vacation and travel possibilities that are wild, crazy and absolutely riveting with some of the biggest travel agencies as exhibitors.
There will be day-only special rates to the most popular and the unexplored travel destinations within the US as well as dream destinations in other parts of the world.These offers are available only for the travel show attendees.
Just like last year, they will also be showcasing different extreme and outdoor activities including rock climbing, rappelling and others. Best of all, attendees may actually get to experience the different activities on site just by signing up.
Even their line up of speakers are better. It includes:
- Marybeth Bond - travel blogger and award-winning author-editor of 12 travel books
- Mark Boster - photojournalist for 34 years and a Times staff photographer
- Cathy Chaplin - author and food blogger
- Beverly Critcher - wildlife conservation expert
- Julia Dimon - travel journalist and TV personality
- John “Johnny Jet” DiScala - developer of one of the most successful travel blog of all time
- Chris Erskine - Times writer and editor
- Arthur Frommer - author of Europe on $5 a Day
- Josh Gates - host of the series Destination Truth
- Jonathan Gold - Times restaurant critic and author of Counter Intelligence: Where to Eat in the Real Los Angeles
- Catharine Hamm - Los Angeles Times Travel section contributor
- Dylan James Ho - food and travel blogger
- Brian Kelly - travel blogger and consultant
- Phil Keoghan - host of the Emmy-winning TV show The Amazing Race
- Jen Leo - writes the nationally syndicated Web Buzz column for the Los Angeles Times
- Brian Malarkey - owns 5 successful restaurant concepts in San Diego
- Rudy Maxa - host and executive producer of public television’s Smart Travels and Rudy Maxa’s World
- Andrew McCarthy - editor-at-large for National Geographic Traveler magazine
- Booth Moore - covered the runways of New York, London, Milan and Paris for The Times
- Nico Melendez - public affairs manager and spokesman for the Transportation Security Administration
- Blake Mycoskie - founder of TOMS
- Christopher Reynolds - travel writer
- Gabe Saglie - Travelzoo’s Senior Editor
- Joanna Stern - technology editor for ABC News
- Rick Steves - host and writer of the popular public television series Rick Steves’ Europe
The show is divided into two parts. The first day is a trade show open only to businessmen and travel professionals. The second and third days are open to the public.
- Los Angeles Times Travel Show 2013
- Feb 22-24
- Los Angeles Convention Center
- 1201 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles
- $10 regular admission, Children 16 and under are free, 1 per paid adult admission.
- For inquiries, click this site