As families prepare for an on-the-go summer, Comcast is launching Xfinity TV’s Summer of Kids, with more than 1,000 downloadable kids TV shows and films across platforms, it is now safer and smarter viewing for kids and families wherever the summer takes them. This will bring families the most options of what, when and where to watch, with content from every major kids network and brand. Whether on the road, on a plane, or simply at home, Xfinity TV’s Summer of Kids will give families more ways to enjoy their time together.
- Unparalleled content offering: Xfinity TV customers will have access to shows like Dora the Explorer, Angry Birds Toons, Sofia the First, Phineas and Ferb, Ben 10, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, The Chica Show, Sid the Science Kid, Lazy Town, Pajanimals, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and hundreds more.
- Free WiFi hotspots: From July 15 through July 31, tens of thousands of Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the nation will be available at no cost to anyone with a WiFi–enabled device; giving families more options for streaming the best kids content.
- Huge selection of downloadable content: Xfinity On Demand now offers more than 1,000 downloadable movies such as Finding Nemo, The Muppets, Brave and Freaky Friday. Popular kid networks are joining with others offering kids content that can be downloaded directly to tablets and smartphones, where there’s no Internet connection.
- Families help select programming with Family Movie Night: Families wanting a relaxing evening at home during the busy summer can go to Xfinity TV’s Facebook page to vote for a movie they’d like to see discounted during “Family Movie Night” weekends in July, including timeless hits such as Babe, Monsters Inc. and How to Train Your Dragon.
- Ratings: In partnership with Common Sense Media, Xfinity TV is integrating TV show and film ratings into Xfinity.com/TV kids content.
- Easier Discovery Across Platforms: Comcast is also working with Common Sense Media to let customers filter content by age group and most-watched on Xfinity On Demand. Additionally, the Xfinity TV Player App on Apple devices now features a dedicated family and kids content section.
- New Resources for Parents: Comcast recently launched a parental controls microsite to help parents manage what their kids are watching on TV, online and on mobile devices.
To access a free Xfinity WiFi hotspot beginning on July 15, customers and non-customers should look for "xfinitywifi" on the list of available networks on their wireless device and follow the sign-in prompts to begin their WiFi session. Locations may also be found on the Xfinity WiFi App to locate thousands of Xfinity WiFi hotspots nationwide.
For more details on Summer of Kids visit www.xfinity.com/summerofkids.