Comcast supported more than 300 causes of one kind or another in 2013 with more than $3.8 million in giving in Seattle and other areas of Puget Sound. Every year, we map out the individual agencies and entities we work with in Western Washington State and Spokane County. The map thus helps us identify and quantify our community giving.
If you're curious where Comcast donates around you, please take a look at the maps. While we may have a deep or simple relationship with anyone on this map, we are proud of each and every connection we can make in the community and whatever help we can provide. There are two maps:
- A list of places where Comcast donated in 2013
- A map of places where Comcast donated in recent years including 2013
There are different kinds of descriptions for each gift, but here are some of the categories in our 2013 map:
- Teal: donations of money and, often, airtime. These funds can either come from our local budget or from the Comcast Foundation.
- Red dust: donations of airtime to help publicize a cause or activity.
- Blue: a $1,000 scholarship to a senior through the Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program, through the Comcast Foundation.
There are some donations still being processed and tracked for December, so this post will eventually be updated with year-end numbers. Look for the latest version at this link. If you'd like to see some of our community partners, scroll through some of the pages on our blog.