Yams are packed full of vitamins and minerals making them a very healthy vegetable. Not everyone in the family is a fan of veggies and this is one way to incorporate one vegetable serving into something they all will reach for; biscuits. The yam is also referred to as “name” and is completely different from a sweet potato which makes them perfect for biscuit making.
- 3 cups of baking mix
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can of yams/sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- ¾ cup of fat-free milk
- Preheat oven to 450’.
- In a mixing bowl combine the baking mix, cinnamon, mashed yams and milk until well mixed.
- Roll the biscuit dough to ¾ to 1 inch in thickness out over a lightly covered floured surface.
- Use a 2 inch biscuit cutter and place biscuits on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove biscuits from cookie sheet and transfer to a bread basket and serve immediately while hot.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: