It’s the dead of winter and your skin is probably feeling like elephant skin right about now; but it doesn’t have to. There are simple steps you can take to keep your skin hydrated with a dewy, summer feel.
- Dry brush- Use a dry facial brush to remove any dry skin that is sitting on the surface of your face. Doing this before cleansing helps to ensure that any products you use are targeting the live skin cells and not the dead cells sitting on top.
- Cleanse- Incorporate a cream-based cleanser into your daily cleansing routine. It is very important to wash your face every morning and night.
- Exfoliate- Use a gentle exfoliator to slough off the dead skin on your face. Even if your skin isn't feeling dry, it is important to exfoliate as a part of your skin care routine to help with skin cell turnover.
- Hydrating Mask- Treat your skin to a hydrating mask once a week. This acts as a boost for dry and dull skin.
- Moisturize- You should be moisturizing your skin with a lotion in the morning after washing your face, and in the evening before going to bed. Your morning moisturizer should be light if you plan on wearing any makeup. In the evening, use a rich and creamy moisturizer.
- Coconut Oil- If your skin still proves to be severely dry, try incorporating coconut oil. This oil is naturally hydrating and can be used for face and body. Use after cleansing to lock moisture into your skin. Then apply your cream moisturizer.