Detroit golf fans can find the world’s best golfers and experience top tournament and match play competition at two world-renowned events held this year at the acclaimed Muirfield Village Golf Club just outside Columbus in Dublin, OH, with travel packages featuring tickets to both now available. Muirfield Village Golf Club becomes the first venue ever to host three of golf’s most celebrated international team competitions: The Presidents Cup, The Ryder Cup and The Solheim Cup.
The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance, takes place May 27-June 2. The 38th edition of the prestigious invitational Tournament, hosted by golfing legend Jack Nicklaus, features some of the best players in the game today competing for a $6.2 million purse.
The Presidents Cup 2013 will consist of 12 U.S. players, led by team captain Fred Couples, and 12 International players, captained by Nick Price. This 10th staging of The Presidents Cup takes place October 1-6 and features 34 matches.
Two-night Memorial Tournament travel packages start at just $272 per person, based on double occupancy, and can be booked by calling 888.222.6446 (888.AAA.OHIO) or visiting any central Ohio AAA store. Details are found at Thememorialtournament.com/travel. Memorial Tournament Travel Packages include:
· A two-night stay at one of six Columbus area hotels (Friday, May 31-Sunday, June 2)
· Patron badge to the Memorial Tournament with grounds access (may upgrade to Pavilion Badge for $80 per person)
· Complimentary parking and shuttle service to the Memorial Tournament from the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
· $25 Memorial Tournament food and beverage card
· Two copies of “The Memorial,” the official Tournament magazine
· Taxes and fees
· Crowne Plaza Downtown package also includes two Arena Grand movie passes and a $25 gift certificate for select Arena District restaurants
· Complimentary Junior Memorial Tournament ticket(s) and kids’ meals for youth age 12 and under are offered with accompanying adult bookings (Limit 4)
· Free kids' meals offered at participating area restaurants
Four-day, six-day and eight-day Presidents Cup travel packages are available, starting at $1,835 per person, based on double occupancy. Presidents Cup packages can be booked at presidentscup.com and all packages include:
· Hotel accommodations
· Arrival and departure airport ground transfers
· Shuttle transportation to The Presidents Cup
· Grounds ticket to The Presidents Cup
· Exclusive Travel Package Guest Celebration on Friday, Oct. 4 (select packages)
· Official merchandise gift
· Guest Passport with retail discounts and offers at local establishments
· Some packages include opening and/or closing ceremonies, and travelers can add International Pavilion hospitality access, Memorial Club hospitality access or Captains’ Club tickets, local play at the most exclusive area courses and rental car and airfare assistance
About the Memorial Tournament: The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance is held annually at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus. The Tournament, founded and hosted by Jack Nicklaus, is conducted each year with three goals in mind: to honor the memory of individuals living and deceased who have distinguished themselves in the game of golf; to showcase the world’s best golfers competing on one of the most challenging venues in the world for the enjoyment of spectators; and to benefit many Greater Columbus Charities in alliance with the Nicklaus Children's Healthcare Foundation, Nationwide Children's and numerous other local organizations. For more information, visit www.thememorialtournament.com or call 614-889-6700.
About The Presidents Cup: A team match play competition featuring 24 of the world's top golfers (12 from the United States; 12 from around the world, excluding Europe) is held every two years. Since 1996, it has alternated between United States and international venues. The Presidents Cup was developed to give the world's best non-European players an opportunity to compete in international team match-play competition. The U.S. Team has won seven of the nine previous Presidents Cups and the only win by the International Team came at the 1998 event in Melbourne. The Presidents Cup 2003 ended in a tie.