Now that back to school shopping is nearly finished, it’s time to focus on new transitional and fall looks for career and casual wear. After the last few weeks of chaos, thrifty fashion shoppers deserve it!
Department stores are filled with new fall pieces, bringing into play the newest trends and most popular looks. Featured for fall are Boho chic, retro glam and moto looks. While these looks may not be for everyone, they certainly are topping the fashion charts.Watch the video to see Alyssa Reeder's Teen Vogue fashion at work.
All the favorites are back, updated, reinvented, and brighter than ever. Consider using the natural colors of foliage as accent pieces, letting red, gold, orange, and sienna draw attention.
Watch this column for fashion finds, sweepstakes and promotions, and special deals throughout the week. Each day of the week offers discounts to a specific group in Columbia, and many plan their shopping around these savings.
Below is a list of many of the sales, specials and consignment dates this week in Columbia. Please click on the links for further information, store hours, locations and coupons. You’ll want to mark your calendars and save as you plan your shopping and consignment for the week ahead.
- Sunday, August 25
- Belk’s back to school sale is in progress
- Kohl’s bonus buys begin
- Kohl’s lowest prices of the season sale continues
- Hamrick’s wow of the week event begins
- BOGO men’s and women’s jeans at Target starts
- Save up to 60% off summer clearance at Kmart
- Save 30% off young men’s and juniors’ apparel at Kmart
- Favorite ballet flats and combat boots are BOGO 50% off at Rack Room Shoes
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet has college baseball caps for $4.99
- Mesh Reebok basketball shorts are 40-50% off at Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Get USC apparel and accessories at Garnet & Black Traditions
- Watch for Academy Sports + Outdoors hot deals and price drops
- Monday, August 26
- Military Monday at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Senior Discount Day at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Tuesday, August 27
- Belk’s Back to School Sale ends
- Senior Discount Day at Ross Dress for Less
- Senior Discount Day at Goodwill Thrift Stores
- Student Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- No clothing consignments will be accepted at Roundabouts Consignments this week
- Wednesday, August 28
- Kohl's bonus buys end
- Senior Discount Day at Kohl’s
- Senior Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Thursday, August 29
- $1.00 sale racks begin at Goodwill Thrift Stores
- Ladies’ Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Hats, purses and jewelry are 50% off at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Friday, August 30
- Men’s Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Weekend sales and specials will be posted here
- Weekend yard, garage and estate sales will be posted here
- Saturday, August 31
- Suits are ½ price at Full Circle Charity Thrift
Don’t overlook thrift stores and consignment shops for very good deals. They often have new (or like new) clothing, some with tags attached, and shoes still in boxes. Today’s finds area two LOFT tees and Jones New York dress pants for $1 each on Goodwill’s sale racks.
Roundabouts Consignments is not accepting clothing consignments this week.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending~