Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Colorado toddler tests positive for marijuana

Evelyn Hernadez
Evelyn Hernadez

Pot smokers in Colorado celebrated this week as recreational marijuana became legal.

However, some have concerns about the drug getting into the wrong hands.

And that's exactly what happened, when a two-year old girl ended up in the hospital, where doctors said she tested positive for the drug, as reported by the local CBS affiliate Friday.

The girls mother, Aida Hernandez, told CBS4 that her daughter ate part of a cookie she found on the ground outside of their apartment. The mother told CBS4 she took the cookie away from her but about a half hour later noticed that the child was acting strange.

“She was asleep, she was opening and closing her eyes and she couldn’t walk really well,” she said. “She was weak.”

Longmont Police Commander Jeff Satur said they don't believe the mother uses drugs. Officials searched the family's home and failed to find anything.

“At this point we are believing the family,” Satur said.

Marijuana can effect people differently. Children can experience more dramatic side effects than adults, from dilated pupils and tachycardia, to tremors and even comas.

Report this ad