On Wednesday, The Blaze reported that an open letter written by a college graduate posted on Dennis Prager's Facebook page has gone viral, and expresses her deep disgust with Obamacare, saying the president's signature health care legislation has "raped" her future.
Ashley Dionne, the author of the letter, identifies herself as a 26-year-old graduate of the University of Michigan.
"In my state, this used to mean something, but even with a bachelor’s I was told I was too educated and wouldn’t stay. I watched as kids with GEDs and high school diploma’s took the low-paying jobs for which I applied," she wrote.
Dionne said she went back to school, received a second degree and finally found work in a gym.
"I work nights and only get 32 hours a week for eight dollars an hour. I’m unable to find a second job at this time," she added. "I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy."
She then recounted the sticker shock she experienced when she saw how much she would have to pay for coverage under Obamacare.
"Obamacare takes my monthly rate from $75 a month for full coverage on my 'Young Adult Plan,' to $319 a month. After $6,000 in deductibles, of course," Dionne wrote.
"Liberals claimed this law would help the poor," she added. "I am the poor, the working poor, and I can’t afford to support myself, let alone older generations and people not willing to work at all."
"This law has raped my future," Dionne wrote, adding that because of Obamacare, neither she nor others her age will be allowed any kind of a future.
"This is the real face of Obamacare and it isn’t pretty," she concluded.
Dionne's experience is by no means unique.
A quick glance at the Healthcare.gov Facebook page shows many are not happy with the new law.
A number of people -- including supporters of the law -- expressed outrage over the failed government website that has cost over $600 million to put online.
On Thursday, the Associated Press said that just seven percent say the rollout of the health exchanges has gone well.
"Far more deem it a flop," the AP said in something of an understatement.
"Among those who've actually tested out the system, three-quarters of those polled said they've experienced problems trying to sign up. Only about 1 in 10 succeeded in buying health insurance," the AP added.
Worse yet, the Obama administration knew the site wasn't functioning properly well in advance, but rolled it out anyway
As we reported Saturday, a number of people experienced sticker shock when they saw their new premiums.
Making matters even worse, a provision allows personal information to be handed over to law enforcement and the IRS. Even email correspondence could become a matter of public record.
As we reported earlier, a little-reported provision in the law allows for home health visits to homes of those the government deems "at risk."
Campus Reform said Dionne wrote her message to warn the public of the problems with Obamacare.
- Sticker shock: Obamacare Facebook page pounded over high cost of health care
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Park Ranger admits being told to make life as difficult for people as possible
- Obama supporters threaten to kill protesters at Overpasses for Obama Impeachment
- The left’s shutdown battle cry: Kill them all!
- Deranged: Cher suggests killing Tea Party Republicans on Twitter
- Barack Obama Twitter account: Tea Party 'extremists' closed Statue of Liberty
- Harry Reid, Barack Obama fomenting violence against conservatives over Obamacare
- Liberals blame NRA, Tea Party for D.C. shooting, hope Republicans shot
- Mark Levin to Obama: Touch one vet and face 'half a million people' at memorial (Video)
- Obama to GOP at White House meeting: My way or the highway on Obamacare funding
- Reid blames Ted Cruz for kid with cancer comment, Politico runs cover (Video)
- Picture of guard at Lincoln Memorial called 'Snapshot of Obama's America'
- Harry Reid blames GOP for Obama shutting down WWII memorial
- NY Mag writer: Keep vets out of WWII memorial with aging Nazi soldiers
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid
- Liberal New Republic suggests Obama use military against Tea Party
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.