According to Good Morning America, Robin Fitzpatrick’s 19-year-old son died because he ate a cookie and has severe food allergies, Yahoo! News reported Friday, March 15.
Cameron Groezinger-Fitzpatrick, was a college freshman at Bryant University and checked all his food, he was overly cautious of the things he ate, but sadly he took a chance and ate a cookie that his friend gave him. The cookie had no label and his friend told him that there was no sign nuts.
The boys were on their way home for college break, and Cameron was dropped off by his friend. Before he could unpack his suitcase, he started turning black and blue, and was having difficult breathing.
Cameron’s mom had medication in the cabinet that had expired and the first responder told her not to give it to him. After being taken to the hospital, the staff tried and tried to revive the boy to no avail.
At 9:00 pm, Cameron was pronounced dead.
Robin Fitzpatrick said that she felt foolish because she never knew that a nut allergy could kill you.
A honors business student will be missed; he had made the Dean’s List. Cameron had plans to travel to Australia to study and be with his girlfriend.
Our prayers go to out to this mom who has lost a precious son, and the entire family who has losed a dear loved one.