The top two teams haven't changed again here in the week nine Associated Press college football standings: the Alabama Crimson Tide are number one and the Oregon Ducks are number two. Texas Tech (number sixteen last week) is number ten this week and Stanford (thirteen last week) reentered the top ten after beating UCLA (number nine last week) last Saturday. Florida State (now number three) crushed Clemson (now number nine.) Ohio State won a Big 10 game and are number four this week. The Missouri Tigers of the SEC won last week with a red shirt freshman at quarterback and are number five in week nine's poll.
Here's the week nine Associated Press poll and each team's week eight game outcome. The ranked team is listed first.
- The Alabama Crimson Tide defeated the Arkansas Razorbacks, 52-0.
- The Oregon Ducks defeated the Washington State Cougars, 62-38.
- The Florida State Seminoles defeated the Clemson Tigers, 51-14.
- The Ohio State Buckeyes defeated the Iowa Hawkeyes, 34-24.
- The Missouri Tigers defeated the Florida Gators, 36-17.
- The Baylor Bears defeated the Iowa State Cyclones, 70-7.
- The Miami Hurricanes defeated the North Carolina Tar Heels, 27-23.
- The Stanford Cardinal defeated the UCLA Bruins, 24-10.
- The Clemson Tigers lost to the Florida State Seminoles, 51-14.
- The Texas Tech Red Raiders defeated the West Virginia Mountaineers, 37-27.