The Oregon Ducks are coming off of a 41 point blowout of the Colorado Buffaloes, but it has been reported that they would be third in the BCS based on projections as of Wednesday. It’s been a long line of blowout victories this season, but the Ducks have their biggest challenge coming up. That means a loss this week won’t matter where they are ranked, but it’s hard not to like their chances on the road. Let’s be clear, all wins are not created equal. For example, a 59-14 victory over Tennessee is deemed an easy victory. Yet, when Georgia beat Tennessee in overtime, it showed the heart and toughness of Georgia football team. As Oregon might put it, when you “win the day” heart and toughness always shine through.
Here is the Top 10+1 William’s Power Poll.
1. Oregon: Marcus Mariota will probably play his first full game of the season. Last week Mariota accounted for seven touchdowns. Everything has come relatively easy, but now the meat of their schedule begins. Next game vs. Washington.
2. Clemson: The Tigers went to unfamiliar territory and blasted the Syracuse Orange early and often. They are rapidly approaching the much anticipated game with FSU. Still, Clemson has to get by one more game on Saturday. Next game vs. Boston College
3. Alabama: The Crimson Tide continued the easy portion of their schedule. The win over Georgia State does nothing to make Alabama look better. Just add a few more highlight plays and repeat. Next game vs. Kentucky.
4. Stanford: The Cardinal won their first PAC 12 North showdown over Washington. The three point victory was too close for some people. Blame Washington’s offense for that. They have another tough one this week. Next game vs. Utah.
5. Florida State: It should be time to take the Seminoles seriously. They demolished a good Maryland team 63-0. Florida State is well rounded and may be better than anyone thought. After the bye week, they have the biggest game of the year.
6. Louisville: It’s a shame that Louisville is toiling in conference limbo. No matter what they do, they can’t win. So all they can do is keep winning games. Their toughest stretch of games begin on Thursday. Next game vs. Rutgers.
7. Ohio State: The Buckeyes just continue to win games at a high level. They outlasted Northwestern on the road in the game of the week. Ohio State has won 18 straight games. Bye week.
8. Texas A&M: The Aggies are coming off a bye week and they get ready for another SEC West showdown. This is a must win for Texas A&M. Johnny Manziel is going to have a big weekend. Next game vs. Ole Miss.
9. Georgia: Yes, the Bulldogs showed a lot of heart in their thrilling victory over Tennessee, but it wasn’t more impressive than what Oregon did. Georgia will be hindered by injuries for the rest of the season. Do they have enough to keep winning? Next game vs. Missouri.
10. Baylor: The offensive consistency has been remarkable for Baylor. Their lowest point total is 69 and their highest is 73. It sounds like basketball scores. Is there a team in the country that can stop them? Next game vs. Kansas State.
11. LSU: Imagine this one. The LSU offense is great and the defense has been sub par. We will see if they can continue in their ways or revert back to old form. They have a very tough game coming up. Next game vs. Florida.