Unfortunately, the college football world has been buzzing about everything, except the games on the field. On Monday, September 17, a Bo Pelini post game rant came to light by Deadspin. The only problem is that the rant was from two years ago. What is more relevant is the rift between Pelini and former Husker great, Tommie Frazier. However, this recording of Bo Pelini would never have come out if Nebraska would have beaten UCLA on Saturday. With a win, the Cornhuskers may have also earned a visit into the Top 10+1 power poll. Yet, they have fallen way back after a humiliating second half loss to the Bruins.
The game of the day lived up to the hype. Alabama’s win over Texas A&M was exciting, but was it enough to have the Crimson Tide take the number one spot in the power poll? Offensively, Alabama overmatched Texas A&M’s defense, but defensively, they could barely hang in there with Johnny Manziel and the Aggies.
Here is week 4 of the Top 10+1 Power Poll.
1. Clemson- The Tigers were idle this week, so they had a chance to lose ground, but we will take the wait and see approach. Clemson has a big game on Thursday night. They face North Carolina State
2. Alabama- Early on it looked like the Crimson Tide were going to get blown out. It’s a good thing they were going against Texas A&M’s defense. Next game vs. Colorado State.
3. Oregon- The Ducks will let you score first and last and they’ll still walk away with a 59-14 victory. Their lowest point total in three games has been 59. Imagine if they would run up the score. Bye Week
4. Stanford- The Cardinal have consistently put up 34 points in two games. Their defense has looked good so far also. Now we’ll see how good they are. Next week vs. Arizona State.
5. Louisville- Teddy Bridgewater struggled against a revamped Kentucky team. Louisville’s defense is the real deal. They continue to impress. Louisville’s only given up 27 points in three games.
6. Georgia- The Bulldogs are coming off a bye week. Todd Gurley is amazing to watch. Next game vs. North Texas.
7. LSU- Their offense is rolling to a 3-0 start. Jeremy Hill is really part of the offense now. They get to start their SEC schedule. Next game vs. Auburn.
8. Ohio State- No matter what quarterback is out there, the Buckeyes keep winning. They’ve scored 40 or more in each game. Next game vs. FAMU.
9. Florida State- Jameis Winston has thrown five incomplete passes in two games. Their offense and defense has been remarkable so far. Next game vs. Bethune-Cookman
10. Texas A&M- It’s hard to put Texas A&M this high because of the defense. Yet, it’s hard to see them any lower with that explosive offense. Johnny Manziel is the real deal. Next game vs. SMU
11. UCLA- After a slow start on Saturday, UCLA scored 38 straight points against another overmatched Nebraska defense. Next game vs. New Mexico State.