College football Saturday is only one week away. We are taking a look at some of the best quarterback in the country. The mission is to showcase the top 25 quarterbacks that every college football fan must see. There will be great football played all across the country, and we have entered an era of the most prolific offenses in the history of college football. We are counting from 1-25.
Of course there are going to be a lot of familiar names on the list. However, some of the players haven’t even taken a snap in college football yet, but when they do, their expectations to succeed will be through the roof.
You can be upset if your favorite player from your favorite team doesn’t make the list. If you think a name should be on the composite list, let Top 10+1 know it will be placed under careful consideration.
This time we are counting up. No more of that countdown nonsense. Let’s prepare to debate.
Now, here’s the first five of the top 25 college quarterbacks to see.
Check out the first five quarterbacks here.
6. Brett Hundley- UCLA Bruins- With 29 touchdowns and 11 interceptions, Brett Hundley was one of the few great Red shirt Freshmen to take over at the quarterback position. Hundley led the UCLA Bruins to the PAC 12 Championship game in 2012. More of the same is expected from the UCLA star in 2013. They open the season against Nevada. UCLA is the favorite to win PAC 12 South.
7. Taylor Martinez- Nebraska Cornhuskers- Known as a runner, Taylor Martinez threw for 23 touchdown passes in 2012. He also completed 62 percent of his passes with great off season improvement. Martinez still had 12 interceptions and too many turnovers overall. Taylor ran for more than 1000 yards and added another 10 touchdowns on the ground.
8. A.J. McCarron- Alabama Crimson Tide- AJ McCarron doesn't have much to prove after winning his second consecutive national title. In 2012, it will be hard to improve his passing statistics. McCarron had 30 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Even with 2 BCS titles, he still hasn't lead Alabama to an undefeated season. AJ McCarron begins the season against Virgina Tech in Atlanta. The Heisman campaign begins early. He was picked third team in the SEC.
9. Teddy Bridgewater- Louisville Cardinals- Teddy Bridgewater might end up being the most renowned quarterback this season. He finished last season with an upset victory of the Florida Gators. Bridgewater threw for 3718 yards with 27 touchdowns. Teddy has not been much of a threat running the ball, but he looks like the purest passer in the game. The lack of tough games could ruin BCS title chances.
10. Chuckie Keeton- Utah State Aggies- Chuckie Keeton threw for 3373 yards and 27 touchdowns in 2012. He lead Utah State to 11-2 record. With 27 touchdowns and 9 interceptions, Utah State lost two games by a combined 5 points. Keeton and his Aggies take on rival Utah to start the season. Let's see how the loss of his former coach takes toll on the offense.