The Iowa Hawkeyes completed another solid Big 10 week on Sunday with a 21 point win over Minnesota. Iowa has started the conference season with a (4-1) record and their lone loss came to Wisconsin on the road. Otherwise, the Hawkeyes would be tied with Michigan and Michigan State in the loss column. They sit in the third place, but have a chance to move up in the standings on Wednesday.
The Hawkeyes have two road games this week, and a couple victories will have Iowa in the top 10 of the “Treat 16.”
Here is the second installment of the Treat 16 +1 ranking.
1. Arizona: The undefeated Wildcats are number one in the nation for a reason. They are ranked fifth defensively. Arizona dominated Arizona State in a rivalry game. They have two more home games this week. Next games vs Colorado, Utah.
2. Syracuse: The Orange are also undefeated and they rank in the top 10 defensively as well. Syracuse took care of Pittsburgh in a battle of ACC unbeatens. Syracuse has won plenty of close games this season. Next game vs Miami.
3. Michigan State: The Spartans have won 10 straight games, and they are coming off of two straight Big 10 road victories. Michigan State has won five straight road games by double digits. Next games vs Indiana, Michigan.
4. Wichita State: The Shockers beat the second best team, Indiana State by 20 points. Wichita State is the third undefeated team left in the country, and they are looking like a strong final four contender again. Next games vs. Illinois State, Drake.
5. Villanova: Villanova’s only loss came to Syracuse in December. They’ll be in another battle tonight for sole possession of first in the Big East. Next games vs Creighton, Marquette.
6. San Diego State: The Aztecs have it rolling in the Mountain West. San Diego State has a (5-0) conference record and their only loss was to Arizona. Next games vs San Jose State, Utah State.
7. Florida: The Gators lead the SEC by one game. They’ve won nine in a row overall, and seem to be getting better each game. Florida has a tough week of games coming up. Next games vs Alabama, Tennessee.
8. Wisconsin: The Badgers have lost two straight nail biters after starting the season (16-0). Next games vs Minnesota, Purdue.
9. Kansas: The Jayhawks are hitting that stride. This is the time of the year that they take control of the Big 12, and they are doing it again. After two straight wins over top 10 teams, Kansas has another tough game on Monday. Next games vs. Baylor, TCU.
10. Cincinnati: The Cincinnati Bearcats are thriving on the defensive end. Cincinnati is third in the country in defensive scoring. They’ve given up more than 60 points twice in the last 10 games. Next games vs. UCF, Temple.
11. Iowa: The Hawkeyes have won three games in a row by double digits. Iowa scores at an efficient pace and they average 86 points per game. By next week, we could be saying Iowa is the best team in the conference. Next games vs Michigan, Northwestern.
12. St. Louis: The Billikens are one of three undefeated teams in the A-10. They also are in the top 10 defensively. Next game vs. Duquesne.
13. Kentucky: Kentucky had a nice come from behind victory over Tennessee. They must build off of their momentum and keep winning. Next games vs Texas A&M, UGA.
14. Louisville: The Cardinals are starting to come together with three straight victories. After a big win over Connecticut, Louisville has a light week. Next game vs South Florida.
15. Oklahoma State: Oklahoma State turned a double digit deficit to Kansas into a chance to win in the final seconds. However, they never got the shot off in time. They are already two games behind Kansas in the loss column. Next game vs WVU.
16. Duke: The Blue Devils have won two games in a row. The 35 point victory over North Carolina State. Next games vs. Miami, FSU.
17. Memphis: We’ll see how long Memphis remains in the poll. They lost by 10 to UCONN. Next games vs. Houston, South Florida.
For more sports news, check out Top 10+1 Sports Blog. If you liked this article, click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published. Follow William on Facebook and Twitter. Find more by William on his music and sports page. Submit your mailbag questions via Tumblr