The Arizona Wildcats had a great week of basketball action. Their victory over Stanford on Sunday was as thorough and complete as the Wildcats have been all season. Still, they are not the No. 1 team in the updated “Treat 16.”
That distinction belongs to Wichita State and their (31-0) regular season. The Shockers are three wins away from entering the NCAA tournament with an undefeated record.
There was quite a bit of shuffling from last week’s power poll. Villanova moved into the top five, but they aren’t the only team to jump into the mix.
1. Wichita State: The Shockers are loaded with quality players and their angry style of play makes it miserable for opponents. Regular season is over.
2. Arizona Wildcats: Arizona has been dominant for three straight games. Aaron Gordon is playing like an All-American. Looking for the No.1 overall seed. Next games vs. Oregon State, vs. Oregon.
3. Florida: The Gators dropped one spot, but it wasn’t because they played bad. Florida beat Vanderbilt on the road and LSU at home. Next games vs. South Carolina, vs. Kentucky.
4. Villanova: The Wildcats have won five games in a row. They only have three losses all season. Villanova is two wins away from the Big East regular season title. Next games vs. Xavier, vs. Georgetown.
5. Virginia: The Cavaliers won the ACC regular season and gave Syracuse their biggest loss of the season. In line for a possible one seed. Next game vs. Maryland.
6. Syracuse: Syracuse has lost three out of the last four games. Next games vs. Georgia Tech, vs. Florida State.
7. Duke: Duke beat Virginia Tech in a light week. Still vying for a No. 2 seed in ACC and NCAA tournament. Next games vs. Wake Forest, vs. North Carolina.
8. Wisconsin: The Badgers are on a seven game win streak. Next games vs. Purdue, vs. Nebraska.
9. Creighton: Creighton is in second place in the Big East. Suffered a loss to Xavier. Next games vs. Georgetown, vs. Providence.
10. Kansas: Joel Embiid hurt his back in the late stages of their loss to Oklahoma State. The Jayhawks won the Big 12 regular season. Next games, vs. Texas Tech, vs. West Virginia.
11. Michigan: Michigan earned a share of the title in the Big 10. Next games vs. Illinois vs. Indiana.
12. Iowa State: The Cyclones ended a four game winning streak with a loss to Kansas State. They’ll be playing two desperate teams to end the season. Next games vs. Baylor, vs. Oklahoma State.
13. San Diego State: The Aztecs have been on a scoring spree since their loss to New Mexico. Have to win out to win the Mountain West. Next games vs. UNLV, vs. New Mexico.
14. Louisville: Their loss to Memphis kept the American Athletic race wide open. Next games. vs. SMU, vs. Connecticut.
15. North Carolina: North Carolina has won two games in a row. The Tarheels are moving up rapidly now. Next games vs. Notre Dame, vs. Duke.
16.St. Louis: The Billikens lost two games in one week. They need one win to clinch the regular season title and No. 1 seed in the conference tournament. It’s going to be tough sledding. Next games vs. Dayton, vs. UMASS.
17. Cincinnati: They are tied with Louisville for the conference lead. Might be the front runner to win the regular season. Next games vs. Memphis vs. Rutgers.
For more sports news, check out Top 10+1 Sports Blog. If you liked this article, click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published. Follow William on Facebook and Twitter. Find more by William on his music and sports page. Submit your mailbag questions via Tumblr.