The updated college basketball AP poll has been released on Monday, and the full order will be released shortly. The new "Treat 16+1 Power Poll" has also been released and their is a new No. 1 team in the nation. With Syracuse taking two losses during the week, it's only right that the only unbeaten team holds the first spot in the new power poll.
Doug McDermott continued his relentless scoring streak, while moving into the top 10 all time. He helped Creighton move into the top 5" of the power poll.
Here is the rest of the "Treat 16."
1. Wichita State: The Shockers are (29-0) and they should be the number one team in the nation. This is a fluid situation that could change nightly, but other top teams have struggle to win games. Next games. At Bradley, vs. Missouri State.
2. Florida: The Gators clutch down the stretch in two SEC wins. They’ve won 19 in a row, overall. Florida has all but locked up a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, and they have run away in the SEC. Next games vs. Vanderbilt, vs. LSU.
3. Arizona: The Wildcats dominated Cal on Saturday night. Aaron Gordon had his best game in the points department. Next games vs. Cal. vs. Stanford.
4. Syracuse: Syracuse had two losses in one week. Both games came down to the final possession, but ended quite differently. The Orange have fallen to second in the ACC. Next games vs. Maryland, vs. Virginia.
5. Creighton: Doug McDermott missed two free throws then threw the ball away for a near turnover. However, Creighton survived Seton Hall with a one point win. Next game vs. Xavier.
6. St. Louis: St. Louis is (25-2) and they have been running through the Atlantic 10. Next games vs. Duquesne, vs. VCU.
7. Villanova: Their only losses have come against Syracuse and Creighton twice. Next games vs. Butler, vs. Marquette.
8. Kansas: The Jayhawks dominated Texas by 31 points. Kansas has an interesting week coming up. Next games vs. Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State.
9. Louisville: Russ Smith’s late game shot finally gave the Cardinals a huge victory this season. Rick Pitino has Louisville rolling at the perfect time. Next game vs. Temple, vs. Memphis.
10 Virginia: The Cavaliers have won 11 in a row, so they deserve at least a top 10 spot. They lead the ACC conference. Next games vs. Miami, vs. Syracuse.
11. Wisconsin: The Badgers used a powerful closing run to escape outlast Iowa on the road. Next games vs. Indiana, vs. Penn State.
12. Iowa State: The Cyclones rocked Texas and beat TCU for two solid wins. Revenge is on their mind this week. Next games vs. West Virginia, vs. Kansas State.
13. Duke: Duke received a fortunate call to split last week’s games. They have a light schedule coming up. Next game vs. Virginia Tech.
14. Cincinnati: The Bearcats mounted a comeback against Louisville but just fell short by one point. Next game vs. Connecticut.
15. San Diego State: San Diego State has a habit of falling behind and it was no different against New Mexico. Next games vs. San Jose State, vs. Fresno State.
16. Michigan: Michigan rallied past Michigan State to complete the sweep of their instate rival. The Wolverines have the inside track to win the Big 10. Next games vs. Purdue, vs. Minnesota.
17. North Carolina: They have won eight games in a row, including three last week. Next games vs. North Carolina State, vs. Virginia Tech.
For more sports news, check out Top 10+1 Sports Blog. If you liked this article, click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published. Follow William on Facebook and Twitter. Find more by William on his music and sports page. Submit your mailbag questions via Tumblr.