The updated college basketball rankings will be out on Monday. As expected, the Syracuse Orange have been rated number one in the AP poll. Previous number one, Arizona fell to number two in the AP. The Coaches poll will be out later in the day.
After this weekend's basketball games, Syracuse has moved into the top spot in the "Treat 16" power poll. The fifth installment has some new teams making their first appearance. Syracuse moved into the top spot, and they are followed by the only other undefeated team. Wichita State has won 23 straight games to start the season.
Virginia has moved into the power poll for the first time. The Cavaliers are in second place in the ACC.
Texas also moved into the rankings after beating Kansas on their home court.
Here's the rest of the "Treat 16" power poll.
1. Syracuse: The Syracuse Orange survived a classic game with Duke on Saturday. They moved to (21-0) and should be the #1 team in the nation on Monday. Next games vs. Notre Dame, vs. Clemson.
2. Wichita State: The Shockers avenged their last regular season loss on Saturday. The comeback win over Evansville has Wichita State at (23-0). They have a big road trip coming up. Next games vs. Indiana State, vs. Northern Iowa.
3. Arizona: The Wildcats lost their first game of the season on a buzzer beater, but it could be the loss of Brandon Ashley that hurts the most. Next games vs. Oregon State.
4. San Diego State: The Aztecs only loss is to Arizona early in the season. At (19-1), San Diego State will be vying for a number one seed. Next games vs. Boise State, vs. Nevada.
5. Florida: The Gators have been thriving since their whole roster has become intact. They have a two game lead in the SEC and should cruise to the conference title. Next games vs. Missouri vs. Alabama.
6. Villanova: Villanova’s only Big East loss was against a hot shooting Creighton team. They bounced back with two wins this week and now have a (7-1) record. Next games vs. Xavier, vs. Seton Hall.
7. Michigan State: The Spartans lost to Georgetown in a made for Super Bowl week event at MSG. They should be getting healthier in the next few weeks. The addition of Payne will be key for the conference championship. Next games vs. Penn State, vs. Wisconsin.
8. Cincinnati: The Bearcats are (10-0) in the AAC. They are running away with the conference race, but they have a big week coming up. Next games. vs. Connecticut, vs. SMU.
9. Kansas: The Jayhawks had a setback at Texas, but they are still in a good spot in the Big 12. Next games vs. Baylor, vs. West Virginia.
10. St. Louis: The Billikens are still undefeated in the Atlantic 10. With 14 wins in a row, St. Louis is one of the hottest teams in the country. Next games vs. St. Joseph’s vs. LaSalle
11. Kentucky: The Wildcats split last week in a pair of road games. Next games vs. Ole Miss, vs. Mississippi State.
12. Duke: The Blue Devils were a play away from beating Pittsburgh and Syracuse in the same week. Duke was part of one of the most entertaining games that lived up to its billing. Next games vs. Wake Forest, vs. Boston College.
13. Michigan: They finally lost another game after winning 10 straight. Michigan’s still atop the Big 10 standings. Next games vs. Nebraska vs. Iowa.
14. Creighton: The Blue Jays survived a valiant comeback from St. Johns to win by three points. Next games vs. Depaul, vs. St. Johns.
15. Louisville: The Cards have had trouble beating the top teams on the schedule. Next game vs. Houston.
16. Texas: Texas looks like a Final Four sleeper after their win over Kansas. They are a game out of first place in the Big 12. Next games vs. TCU, vs. Kansas State.
17. Virginia: You’re looking at the second place team in the ACC. They just knocked off Notre Dame and Pittsburgh with the latter coming on a buzzer beater. Next games vs. Boston College vs. Georgia Tech.
For more sports news, check out Top 10+1 Sports Blog. If you liked this article, click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published. Follow William on Facebook and Twitter. Find more by William on his music and sports page. Submit your mailbag questions via Tumblr.