The Arizona Wildcats finished off the college basketball weekend with a win. The nine point victory over Utah kept the number ranked Wildcats undefeated on the season. The Wildcats, along with Wichita State have each started the season with 20 straight wins. They already have a two game lead over UCLA and California in the PAC 12 race.
There was very little movement in the “Treat 16” power poll, but Michigan State dropped a few spots after their loss to rival Michigan. It doesn’t help that the Spartans are missing their starting forwards but the team played well in a close loss.
After a slow start to the season, Kansas has been looking better each day. They are almost halfway to another Big 12 title and they are certainly in contention for a number one seed when the NCAA tournament is released. Andrew Wiggins scored a career high 27 points in Saturday’s victory over TCU.
Here’s the rest of the Treat 16 power poll.
1. Arizona: The Wildcats are (20-0). It’s hard to see a first loss this season, but it’s likely to come somewhere before the tournament starts. They have the Northern Cal. Road trip coming up. Next games vs. Stanford, vs. Cal.
2. Syracuse: The Orange held on for a win over the Miami Hurricanes on Saturday. Their decisive 15-3 run came in the final four minutes again. Next game vs. Wake Forest, vs. Duke.
3. Wichita State: Although, they’re looking more impressive, the Shockers’ schedule is not. One of their last 10 games have been decided by single digits. At (21-0) Wichita State has two home games this week. Next game vs. LoyChi, vs. Evansville.
4. San Diego State: The Aztecs just keep on winning. SDSU should be vying for a number one seed all season long. Next game vs. CSU, vs. Boise State.
5. Florida: The Gators haven’t lost since the buzzer beater against UCONN. Florida has an 11 game winning streak. Next game vs. MSU, vs. Texas A&M.
6. Michigan State: The Spartans lost to Michigan but this team is deep and talented. They should be fully healthy by end of February. Next games vs. Iowa, vs. Georgetown.
7. Kansas: The Jayhawks are leading the Big 12 and they’ve already gone through a tough schedule. Still, there’s no let down in sight. Next game vs. Iowa State, vs. Texas.
8. Villanova: They got bombarded by the Creighton three point machine, but bounced back with a win over Marquette. The Wildcats have a big game tonight. Next game vs. Georgetown.
9. Wisconsin: After three straight losses, Wisconsin finally earned a tough win. Next game vs. Northwestern.
10. Cincinnati: The Bearcats are the best team in the AAC and they get a chance to prove it on Thursday night. Next game vs. Louisville.
11. St. Louis: Will this be the season that St. Louis makes the final four. They are top 10 defensively and St. Louis is the only undefeated team in the Atlantic 10. Next game vs. Richmond.
12. Kentucky: Kentucky has turned it on during SEC play. Their only loss came on a buzzer beating put back. Next game vs. LSU.
13. Louisville: The Cardinals have won four straight games. They’ll be vying for first place in the conference. Next game vs. Cincinnati.
14. Duke: The Blue Devils are starting to hit stride with blowout victories. With four straight wins, this week could be the key to a conference title. A couple big games will tell the story. Next games vs. Pittsburgh, vs. Syracuse.
15. Michigan: The Wolverines haven’t lost since 11 days before Christmas. Michigan is running down the Big 10 so far and find themselves in first place. Next game Purdue.
16. Iowa: The Hawkeyes lost at Michigan but that was a minor setback. Next game vs. Michigan State.
17. Pittsburgh: The Panthers have lost to Syracuse and Cincinnati. They look more like a top 10 team everyday. Big game on Monday night. Next game vs. Duke.
For more sports news, check out Top 10+1 Sports Blog. If you liked this article, click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published. Follow William on Facebook and Twitter. Find more by William on his music and sports page. Submit your mailbag questions via Tumblr