Get a head start on the college application process by joining us for this very special and important workshop: Acing the College Personal Statement & Interview Through Being Your Authentic Self
A 2-part workshop for 11th and 12th Graders
Part One: Saturday, Oct. 19th at 11:00am-12:30 p.m.
Part Two: Saturday, Oct. 26th at 11:00am-12:30 p.m.
The college application and interview process can be a stressful time. Fortunately, preparing for the personal statement and interview can be a fun and creative process of learning to become more self-aware of one's strengths and passions. It is also a part of the application process where you get to stand out as an individual and express who you truly are.
This interactive workshop led by certified Academic Life Coach, Hayden Lee and LA Teen Therapist, Sandra Dupont LMFT, will empower 11th and 12th graders to approach their personal statement and interview with confidence and competence. This workshop is designed to help students gain a better sense of who they are, what they want, and the impact they would like to make on the college admissions committee, as well as in the world.
Part One will explore the following topics:
* Becoming aware of one's perspective towards the personal statement and interview
* Common personal statement topics
* Frequently used interview questions
* How to identify one’s unique passions
* The importance of expressing your authentic self in your essay/interview
* Homework: The preparation of a brief outline of topics for your own personal statement
* Homework: Preparing for a mock interview
Part Two will include:
* The exploring of personal statement ideas from student’s homework
* Defining a solid theme and direction for your essay/interview
* Mock interviews, followed by discussion and feedback
Location: 1421 Santa Monica Bl., Suite 108, in Santa Monica
Cost: $150 per person includes both sessions
Follow the LA Teen Therapist on Facebook