Greens are all the rage. This green salad features collard greens, but feel free to swap in spinach, kale, leaf lettuce or any other greens. It has refreshing citrus and creamy avocado. Top it with steak, chicken, shrimp, salmon or tofu for a protein boost.
· 6 cups shredded raw collard greens, hard stems removed
· 2 clementines, peeled and sectioned
· 1 diced avocado
· ¼ red onion, thinly sliced and cut into bite size pieces
· 4 tablespoons lemon vinaigrette (store-bought or homemade)
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss all ingredients.
3. Serves 2 for a main course or 4 – 6 as a side dish.
This collard green salad is great for lunch or dinner. It's even fancy enough to bring to a dinner party. Let me know what you think if you like it. Clean eating definitely doesn't have to be boring.