Cole slaw is a healthy side dish as well as a flavorful little snack. The texture of this creation satisfies hunger pangs because of the amount of chewing required. The mixture of cabbages, shredded so no cutting is required while eating makes dining more relaxed and enjoyable.
This recipes is packed with probiotics and super foods. The yogurt, almonds and blueberries pack a punch while giving you added nutrients, vitamins, flavor, new textures to enjoy and a serving of fruit that is bursting with goodness.
- 1 (14 ounce) package of coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ¼ cup of cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- ¼ cup of slivered, toasted almonds
- ½ cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped basil
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients with the exception of the blueberries.
- Toss together until everything is coated well and add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Set the bowl aside for 15-20 or chill in refrigerator, stir before serving.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author:
Home and Living Examiner shares household tips, events, tips and tricks for greener living and fun crafts and ideas. Healthy Living Examiner teaches about nutrition, updates on public news alerts and recalls and medical and health issues. Jackson Celebrity Examiner has the gossip about your favorite stars. Mobile Top News Examiner brings news stories to your fingertips occurring in the United States as well as other countries on a variety of topics. Mobile Holidays Examiner is interesting while sharing traditional and bizarre holidays, food holidays along with history and trivia about fun holidays throughout the year.