Here’s an elegant cold wild rice turkey salad perfect for this very hot Susquehanna Valley summer.
Right now, there’s a $1.50 online coupon for a precooked Butterball turkey breast roast at Weis Market. (In these parts, there are Weis markets all over the place.)
- 2/3 cup wild rice, cooked and chilled
- 3 cups cold, cooked turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ cups green grapes, halved
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts
Cut the turkey into bite sized pieces. Combine all the ingredients together, and gently fold until evenly combined. Cover and chill the cold turkey salad overnight, or at least three hours.
Serve this salad with high quality crackers, and ice cream with berries for dessert. That will make you a lovely, refreshing summer lunch well suited for company.
- Use curry powder instead of the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- Use chicken instead of turkey.