The Greater Atlanta Defensive Pistol Association held its first monthly IDPA match of 2014 today at South River Gun Club. There were 97 shooters. Although the weather was cold in the morning, it warmed up to a beautiful day in the afternoon.
The Division winners were:
- CDP: Patrick Hardison – 163.70
- ESP: Ken Park – 134.60
- SSP: Sal Nappo – 149.29
- ESR: Ray Berry – 292.43
- SSR: Rhett Crutchfield – 183.32
- High Lady: Suzanne Worthen – 268.87
The match was comprised of seven stages with a minimum round count of 99. The stages consisted of:
1. Engaging six targets from a vehicle and then moving to cover to engage three more targets,
2. A house clearing stage,
3. A parking lot stage with moving targets,
4. Shooting while retreating and then shooting partially obscured targets,
5. Shooting at distance at partially obscured targets, including a non-threat,
6. Getting the gun out of a box and then shooting while prone, and
7. A standard stage consisting of six rounds each on three targets.
The Greater Atlanta Defensive Pistol Association holds outdoor matches the 4th Sunday of each month, with the next being February 23rd. The public is invited to watch or participate. Online registration is available and is highly encouraged. Please observe the speed limits posted on the club’s property. There are also several matches held each week at indoor ranges around the Metro Atlanta area; see the GADPA indoor range webpage for details.