Stuff the salad into a ripe tomato or spoon this decadent salad into an avocado half. Place either on a bed of mixed lettuces and add a few slices of hearts of palm and/or artichoke hearts. Provide a simple French vinaigrette to take this salad over the top. Enjoy!
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 bunch green onions, minced
- 3 T nonpareil capers (optional)
- 1/3 C mayonnaise
- 1 T lemon juice
- Hot sauce to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, tops cut off and pulp removed or ripe avocado halves
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes, folding all together thoroughly, taking care not to break up the lumps of crabmeat.
- Chill for at least 1 hour to marry flavors.
- Stuff each tomato or avocado with equal amounts crabmeat salad. Serve 4.
Follow this Seafood Examiner for great recipes that come from the sea by clicking on subscribe.. Also follow this Examiner as the Atlanta Cooking Examiner and her blog, luvgourmet.com/blog/ to receive the best new recipes and interesting facts and tips about food for you and your family.