Sometimes you just have to be different. Sometimes you have to throw the rules out the window. Sometimes you have to do something just for yourself and say the hell with everyone else - of course sometimes all of this might land your butt in jail!
When we created this dish, we did all three of the above mentioned items. We did not end up in jail, well at least not for this dish. What we wanted to do is what we are known for out here in the West. We wanted to turn some boring heads and at the same time make some lips smack and tantalize some tongues. We succeeded!
This is such an easy dish to prepare even one of those dolts on the Food Network can prepare it. A few ingredients, a few steps and bang! You've got a dish that's going to make you toss off your clothes and run naked through your neighborhood.
Ingredients needed to make Vanilla Cognac Glazed Chicken (serves 4):
- 1 chicken, cut into serving pieces (or whatever pieces you want)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup good quality BBQ sauce (none of that Kraft crap)
- 2 Tbs. vanilla cognac
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Place the chicken into a pan. Place in the oven and cook 40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven.
- Spoon the vanilla cognac glaze over the chicken. Place back into the oven and cook 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat your broiler.
- Place the chicken under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler, place on a plate and enjoy!
The new cookbook from Chef Larry Edwards is now available from Amazon.com and bookstores worldwide. One of the most anticipated cookbooks of the year, "Edwardian Cooking: Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals."