Did you know coffee is full of antioxidants? That is why I use it in facial and body scrubs. Don't throw out those used coffee grounds, recycle them into a treat for your skin that tones, nourishes and exfoliates your skin.
For a quick facial scrub mix:
- 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons whole milk, heavy cream or yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
This will help tighten pores and remove oil. The coffee grinds will help reduce under eye puffiness and swelling, while the cocoa, honey and milk moisturizes and nourishes your skin.
For a body scrub mix:
- 2 cups of coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup of sugar or Kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of massage oil or olive oil.
I add an herbal oil called Africa's Best to the scrubs. This stuff contains just about every oil and herb known to man and smells so good! I usually buy mine at Walmart but it can also be found at www.amazon.com.