The San Antonio Film Festival is on its 20th season and Dorćol Distilling Company, the Chef Cooperatives and Edible San Antonio are hosting a kick-off party on Saturday before this year’s season begins. Film lovers can help keep arts alive in the community by supporting Cocktails for Cinema. It will be held at Dorćol Distilling Company in the So Flo Arts District with food, Dorćol cocktails, Alamo Beer and pairings from the Bending Branch Winery all to benefit the 20th San Antonio Film Festival.
Cocktails for Cinema combines the best of the culinary arts with cinema arts and will have six food stations and three bars with some of San Antonio’s best chefs and mixologists. There will also be tastings from Bending Branch Winery and San Antonio’s own Alamo Beer Company. Cocktails and food service will begin at 7p.m. and the music and party will go on until 10p.m.
The mission of the San Antonio Film Festival is to provide a platform for new and established filmmakers to present their work in a competitive and educational environment. They also highlight independent films and filmmakers from around the world as well as encourage and foster filmmakers of all ages and from every corner of the globe.
- Chris Ware - Arcade Kitchen
- Jeret Pena - Brooklynite
- Don Marsh - Bar 1919
- Adrian Sarabia - Blue Box
- Johnny Umaul - TBA
- Nick Kenna- Dorćol Distilling Company
- Isaac Cantu - Cordillera Ranch
- Alex Altamirano - Morrison Dining
- Melissa Beverage - Gaucho Gourmet
- Toby Soto - Ocho, Hotel Havana
- Kathy Pullin - Pullin BBQ
- James Whitson - Brindles Awesome Ice Cream
- Zach Lutton – Zedrics
The Supporting Chefs
- Stephen Paprocki - Topchefa
- Chris Cook – Farm2Fork Catering Company
- Jeff White - Boiler House
Cocktails for Cinema
Dorćol Distilling Company
1902 South Flores Street
San Antonio, TX 78204
Saturday March 8, 2014
7p.m. to 10p.m.
Price is $79 and can be purchased online.
Source: Stephen Paprocki/NuStar Energy; San Antonio Film Festival